PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
- Information used in the creation of an online account such as full name, address, telephone number, email address.
- Information used to purchase a product on norfield.com such as credit card number and necessary data about the card holder to process the transaction
- Information provided to Norfield during a contest, sweepstakes, or other promotional offers
- Information provided to us as a result of a service request through phone call or email
- Information provided to us during the process of inquiring or purchasing Machinery
- Information provided to us during the process of providing comments, feedback, and testimonials
- Information we request for employment applications. This will never include Social Security Numbers
HOW WE USE PERSONAL INFORMATION
- Norfield uses the information collected to understand your needs and provide you with better services, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Process transactions on the site
- Develop new product and services or improve our current products and services
- Respond to users request and inquiries
- We may use the information to customize the website according to your interests
- Internal record keeping
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail
HOW WE SHARE PERSONAL INFORMATION
Generally, NORFIELD, does not sell, trade, rent, or disclose personal information to third-parties except in the limited circumstances described in this policy.
We may share personal information with third party vendors who assist us in carrying out business functions such as analyzing site traffic information, providing marketing assistance, mailing items, processing credit card transactions, and fulfilling or delivering orders. We only share what is necessary to carry out these functions.
We may disclose personal information if it is necessary to comply with the law or with requests of law enforcement, or other similar inquiries; bill and collect for amounts owed to us; to protect your rights, property or safety; to protect you from fraudulent, abusive, or unlawful use of our site; or in case of an emergency involving immediate danger.
Information about our customers, including personally identifiable information, may be disclosed or transferred as part of any merger, acquisition, debt financing or sale of company assets, as well as in the event of an insolvency, bankruptcy or receivership in which personally identifiable information could be transferred to third parties as one of our business assets.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyze web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyze data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
CONTROLLING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at List@norfield.com.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to or email us at the above address.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
We welcome your feedback. If you have any comments or concerns about this Policy or would like to contact us for any reason, you may reach us via e-mail at email@example.com.
LIST OF COOKIES WE COLLECT
The table below lists the cookies we collect and what information they store.
|COOKIE name||COOKIE Description|
|CART||The association with your shopping cart|
|CATEGORY_INFO||Stores the category info on the page, that allows to display pages more quickly|
|COMPARE||The items that you have in the Compare Products list|
|CURRENCY||Your preferred currency|
|CUSTOMER||An encrypted version of your customer ID with the store|
|CUSTOMER_AUTH||An indicator if you are currently logged into the store|
|CUSTOMER_INFO||An encrypted version of the customer group you belong to|
|CUSTOMER_SEGMENT_IDS||Stores the Customer Segment ID|
|EXTERNAL_NO_CASHE||A flag, which indicates whether caching is disabled or not|
|FRONTEND||Your session ID on the server|
|GUEST-VIEW||Allows guests to edit their orders|
|LAST_CATEGORY||The last category you visited|
|LAST_PRODUCT||The most recent prodct you have viewed|
|NEWMESSAGE||Indicates whether a new message has been received|
|NO_CACHE||Indicates whether it is allowed to use cache|
|PERSISTENT_SHOPPING_CART||A link to information about your cart and viewing history if you have asked the site|
|POLL||The ID of any polls you have recently voted in|
|POLLN||Information on what polls you have voted on|
|RECENTLYCOMPARED||The items that you have recently compared|
|STF||Information on products you have emailed to friends|
|STORE||The sore view or language you have selected|
|VIEWED_PRODUCT_IDS||The product list of products added to your Wishlist|
|WISHLIST||An encrypted list of products added to your Wishlist|
|WISHLIST_CNT||The number of items in your Wishlist|