The process of preparing doors for hardware has become a very specialized industry. Unique tools and machines are used to prepare doors for hinges, locks, windows, and a variety of hardware. The spectrum of products range from simple hand tools to computerized machines capable of high production. It is the purpose of this Resource Center to become a base of knowledge about these processes and products. We will provide information about a wide variety of subjects relating to door hardware installation. When you have a question, check the Resource Center. If you don't find the answer, call us at 1-800-824-6242 or send us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If the subject states in "PDF Format", you will need the Adobe Acrobat Reader to view the information. If you don't have it, it's easy to get (along with full installation details) by clicking on the "Get Adobe Reader" button below. With its support for streaming files, page format preservation, and great print capabilities, Adobe Acrobat makes a great companion product to have for the Internet. Best of all, it's free!
The material contained in this Resource Center is the property of Norfield. It is intended for use by customers and copies can be made for their internal use only. Any commercial distribution of this material is prohibited without the written approval of Norfield.
Door Business Fundamentals in a nutshell!
- Fundamentals of Pre-Hung Door Production - in PDF format (1.29Mb)
- Glossary of Door-Related Terms - in PDF format (21k)
Proper door prep for installing hardware
Easy Metal Doors
Health and Safety Issues
Material Safety Data Sheets
Important Material Safety Data Sheets
- 3M adhesive 1357 - in PDF format (31k)
- Contact Cleaner 2000 - in PDF format (15k)
- DRI-COTE Bostik - in PDF format (17k)
- Golden Gate AW Hydraulic Oil 32 - in PDF format (18k)
- MFG1004 - in PDF format (27k)
- Quick Dry Enamel - in PDF format (126k)
- Titebond Adhesive - in PDF format (28k)
- Titebond Wood Glue - in PDF format (441k)
- Trim Ease TM-2 - in PDF format (23k)
- WoodTexThinner - in PDF format (158k)
- WoodTexWoodFiller - in PDF format (196k)
The material contained in this Resource Center is the property of Norfield. It is intended for the use of our customers and copies can be made for their internal use. Any commercial distribution of this material is prohibited without the written approval of Norfield.